PCR detects the genetic information of the virus, the RNA. That’s only possible if the virus is there and someone is actively infected. PCR tests are used to directly detect the presence of an antigen, rather than the presence of the body’s immune response, or antibodies. By detecting viral RNA, which will be present in the body before antibodies form or symptoms of the disease are present, the tests can tell whether or not someone has the virus very early on.
• Emergency Use Authorized
• Accuracy – Sensitivity 98%, Specificity 100%
• Patient Comfort – Shallow nasal collection that can be self-administered (supervised)
• Includes – FedEx shipping, test kit, return packaging and FedEx Priority label
• Results – 24-48 hours from receipt (Monday to Friday)
• Test Kits – Made in the USA
• Results are available within 24-48 hours